When you receive errors while development using SSRS 2008, you start understanding how wonderful it is…
Moral of the story, I received following error when I was trying to view some of the reports after configuring my Report Server - Verify that sufficient permissions have been granted and Windows User Account Control (UAC) restrictions have been addressed.
There are few concrete steps mentioned below which will resolve this error –
1. Start Internet explorer and on “Tools” menu click “Internet Options”.
2. Click “Security” – “Trusted Sites” – “Sites”.
3. Under “Add this Web site to the zone”, type http://your-server-name. Make sure the uncheck the checkbox labeled as “Require server certification (https:) for all sites in this zone”. Then click ADD.
4. Similarly add http://localhost/ and the close all popped up windows including Internet Explorer.
5. Start Internet Explorer again in mode “Run as Administrator” by right clicking on Internet Explorer icon.
6. Open the URL of report manager - you can find URL in reporting services configuration wizard as shown. I have configured my server on port 45555. Bede fault URL will be –
If you are using SQLExpress then URL will be - http://your-server-name/reports$sqlexpress
If you are using Named instance of SQL Server then URL will be – http://your-server-name/reports$InstanceName
7. In the right corner click on “Site Settings”. Then click on “Security” tab. The select “New Role Assignment”.
8. Type “your-Domain\User-Name” and select “System Administrator” checkbox. Then click OK.
9. Now click “Home” to go back to main page.
10. Then click on “Folder Setting”.
11. Again click on “New Role Assignment” as shown below.
12. Enter Your-Domain\UserName and select “Content Manager” checkbox. Click OK to add user as shown below.
13. Close Report Manager. Now open Internet Explorer in normal mode without “Run as Administrator” and you should not receive error mentioned in title.
Hope this helps.